Monday, July 18, 2011

Projects projects projects

Just noticed how busy I've been with non-hobby projects lately, a month or so since I last posted. Well I've finally cleared my schedule up somewhat and getting back into the swing of things. I have a couple smallish projects lined up, and some finishing work on a couple, but those aren't too important (the first is the second isn't).

So in the next week I'll be getting to work on a conversion of a Leman Russ. This project will entail my sculpting green stuff and miliputt into the form of a snail, with the Russ acting as the shell. It's a Nurgle aligned renegade guard tank I've had in mind since I got the silly thing to repair. Repairing it was the simple part, now to Nurglize it *evil grin*.

The next project it to help my boys put together and begin painting of their marines and orks. I'm just supervising, but it should be a lot of fun to help them take their ideas and make them physical.

My last smallish project is to finish up work on a few marines and minor scuplting work on some custom shoulder pads for some terminators. Should be fun, but I'm still working out what I'm going to do in my mind at this point and it's last on the list of small projects for the coming weeks.

I also need to go back to the Blood Angels and tear apart the Storm Ravens and do a bit of a rebuild and repaint. Had a transportation issue that caused the wings to come loose, and it's been bugging the crap out of me. I've decided to tear down the wing assemblies and tail sections and rebuild after a serious cleanup using magnets and a few other tricks to help make them transportation friendly.

I'll be posting more often as school time gets closer, and since a lot of the big family projects are basically done.

Until later!