Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Dreadfleet WIP

I've been working off and on for the last 4 days on a number of the ships and terrain pieces from a Dreadfleet box set. Overall assembly went well... except on one ship... The Bloody Reaver. That ship gave me fits. It was constantly springing apart while the glue dried, and in the end has a sizeable gap in the central section of the ship. This made it nearly impossible to mount correctly on the base. Base it I did though... if oddly.

I have learned a lesson about the instructions and guides for building/painting these things. That lesson is... The Bloody Reaver needs to have masts attached to the central section (and before doing that, paint the fore triangular sails), the central section assembled and glued. THEN paint the masts and central section. Paint the outer sections and other sails, then attach to the masts and central section.

Otherwise, the ships and terrain were very pleasant to put together, with no real issues.

Here are a few pics of some of the ships in their current state on my painting station.

And in defense of my horrible pics... I'm working on rebuilding my light box. I built one earlier this year, but it wasn't quite right.

No comments:

Post a Comment