These are pics from earlier that I finally got around cropping and such. I'm basically down to final detail touch-up, faces/hair/eyes, and basing at this point for the 30 BA assault marines. Overall I've spent 37 hours total so far (not counting replicating bases), and I feel it's been worth every minute of it.
Here are the pics of the WIP from earlier (which doesn't show some of the current work that has been finished). This is only 1 squad out of the three, since I figured they all showed basically the same level of work this morning.
I've done weathering, as if they've been in the field for a long time without a chance to repaint and fix the dings and dents of war. Next step in the weathering is a few thin washes from the knees down.
Each of these shows a bit of the weathering at this point, which is before going back and lightly stippling in some pale orange/red to help fade it into the armor. I used a cut piece of blister foam dipped in mithril silver then hit the edges of some places, and on the main armor on other places. Doing this shows the wear and tear of various things rubbing the armor and removing the paint leaving shinier areas of wear.
Feel free to comment, critique, and all that stuff. I'll be posting again on Monday with work on the bases and some updates on the finalization of the touch-up work and face work.