Thursday, December 9, 2010

Salamanders 600ish pts finished

I actually finished the paint several days ago, and sometime today will be flocking their bases and hitting them with a final layer of matte sealer. But I felt it would be nice to get a pic with them all in it, then I took a few more, several including projects at various points of completion.

The rhino may seem 'dusty' in the pics, but that has more to do with how I finished the model as well as lighting conditions and my not being a photographer. Overall I feel the project went well, and I'm torn on whether to sell them or keep them... but I do need to make money at this home business, so eBay will be seeing them soon I think. I have come to the conclusion that I need to get a can of the soon to be released Angels Green from The Army Painter. It will speed up the work by huge amounts, as I have been custom mixing the every single layer at this point. Unfortunately GW are bastards and stopped making the one color I need to make this range of greens... Jade Green. So my ever dwindling supply of the old good GW paints are causing me to like Vallejo and P3 paints more and more.


  1. I'll sell you some of my Jade Green if you are that keen on the stuff. :D

  2. I'm actually looking into getting one of the Vallejo model color sets, it has the perfect greens for the work I'm tending to do lately.