Thursday, February 9, 2012

Oriental Village Building Basing, WIP

The basing of the buildings is coming along well. With the only real hurdle being the time it takes for the glue to dry, as well as shaping hills and such. But during the 'downtime' I decided to start work on some walls as well. Pink insulation foam I had from a previous project was cut up and used to form the hill. I filled the gaps with wood putty.

I realized that the hill wasn't quite the size I needed a bit late, but fixed that with some 'stones' as well as the addition of a patio/porch made with various scale wood I have. Overall this project is turning out even better than I had thought it would initially.

More WIP posts and pics should be up during the next few days.

Until later!


  1. Lookin' good. I've found that sheetrock lightweight joint compound works better than wood putty for fill jobs. It sculpts nicely and you can add water to change the consistency if you want a smoother look.

  2. Not a bad idea. I got the wood putty because it happened to fit my budget when I bought it (nearly broke when I saw the stuff on sale). Overall it's not doing bad, it does have its issues though.