Friday, March 11, 2011

The incredible 'why didn't I get this years ago' thought process

Having finally received my air brush and compressor, I decided it was time to get some work done. All told I normally with a brush would have taken somewhere between 4 and 6 hours to do base shade, mid tone, and highlighting on 14 figs. With the new air brush it took me 45 minutes, including color swapping and cleaning between colors of the air brush. Seriously this is by far the best investment I've made for working on models and miniatures.

Of course after this afternoon I'm sitting here thinking 'why didn't I get this years ago'. I can't recommend an air brush and compressor enough now, it makes a lot of the work so much easier. Detail work is still for brushes, but main color work I can crank out sooooo much faster with the air brush that it makes this work time-economical now.

I'll be getting pics done of the Space Wolves I'm finishing up later this weekend, but for now just this text.

Be well and enjoy your hobby time! Until later!

No comments:

Post a Comment