Saturday, March 5, 2011

WIP Blood Angels & Salamanders

Got a bit done on the salamanders project from late last year, should have it finished this week. Also got a Stormraven about 85% finished, with 2 more to assemble and prep. Here are pics of my current progress.

Salamanders Rhino (Nearly finished, at detailing stage now).

I've added green stuff lizard hides to this, and only need to do final highlights on them and finish the 'flesh' areas and copper studs holding them in place. Oh, and the hatches, must do those.

Blood Angels Stormraven #1.

This model is a lot more detailed than many other vehicle kits GW has put out, which makes it fun to work on. I started with a priming in The Army Painter Pure Red, then brushed on The Army Painter Strong Tone for shading. Let it sit for 24 hours before I started to add in GW blood red to cover some of the odd varnish areas, and a wash of red ink + blood red + mixing medium + water to blend it together better. I still have to finish up detailing work, and some metalic pieces, plus iconography. But overall this is coming along nicely. Oh, I also magnetized the doors to allow for adding the sponsons or not.



The following are a couple pics of the Leman Russ Vanquisher I picked up to add to the IG I had bought. I don't claim any of the modelling work, nor the basecoating. I did remove some putty work on the front, I'm debating how to rebuild the lascannon housing with plasticard. It is an older version I believe of the Leman Russ model, but I'm honestly not sure.




More progress reports and random bits of brain efflusium to come!

1 comment:

  1. looking forward to seeing your raven finished.

    ReplyDelete